In the spirit of Harper’s Index, here are some facts about Another American Childhood.
- Date Roger shared the idea of AAC with Dave and Andy: April 6th, 2011.
- Date we dragged Michael into the mix: July 27th.
- Number of lunch meetings between April 6th and September 9th: 7.
- Favorite lunch spot: Bud’s.
- Technologies used to develop the book or the website: SmugMug, WordPress, Evernote, Blurb, Gmail.
- Number of emails we shared about the project: 146.
- Number of times the most-edited poem was revised online: Sadly, WordPress deletes your old revisions once you hit 25, and I didn’t realize that. Until now. Let’s just say “more than 25.”
- Poem with the most number of accompanying photo changes: Suns.
- Runner-Up: A Tie for Mass.
- Oldest poem: The Art of Palm Crossing.
- Oldest photo: Still trying to figure that out.
- Hardest photo to chase down: The Super Beetle for Grapeleaves.
- Where Andy found it: M22, naturally.
- Number of words in the longest poem: 1221.
- That poem: Grapeleaves.
- Number of words in the shortest poem: 21.
- That poem: All the Poems.
- Instrument providing cool atmospheric ambient sound to the end of the soundtrack: Michael’s wash machine.
Interested in more details or statistics? Comment below and we’ll add to the list.